Nagel builds both tape and stone finishing systems, application drives the use of right finishing technology. SCD, SCE and TF superfinishers are primarily for finishing outer diameters of journals. SPH and SPV are cup wheel superfinishers for finishing flat, convex and concave surfaces.
Every machine is custom designed specifically for the application by utilizing proven subsystems.
Low volume flexible machines are designed for quick change over and can be partially or fully automated. High Volume Production systems are fully automated and require very little operator intervention.
Equipment is built to customer specifications.
Some of the features of the equipment include:
- Broken and low tape /stone detection
- Centralized lubrication system with monitoring of reservoir levels
- Pneumatic line pressure monitoring, system shuts machine off if the pressure drops below the limit
- In-process gauging for accurate size control and SPC capabilities
- Servo controlled oscillation system
- Servo driven precision spindle
- Centralized coolant system with optional coolant concentration and level monitoring and compensation system . Coolant flow and level monitoring
- Automatic part transfer from station to station and complete integration into customer automation
- PLC control with Windows based HMI
- Incorporation of other secondary operations such as part marking and final gauging